Saturday, August 23, 2008

"Speed Racer" In The...Best Animated Feature Category?


Yes folks, I did not make a mistake: I purposely put "Speed Racers" name on the list for potential nominees in the Best Animated Feature category. Now you may be wondering why I would do such a thing since this movie is, technically, a live action movie. Well...it IS a live action film, but we have to face the fact that a majority of the film is animated! CGI takes up almost 90% of this movie, with only the actors and a few rooms avoiding any blue screen effects. I mean, one look at a screenshot like this...



...and all of a sudden the movie doesn't look so real anymore. It looks (dare I say it) animated doesn't it? Besides, if "Stuart Little 2" was eligible in this category because it was more of a cartoon then a live action film, then I think Warner Bros. could run this film in the category and get away with it. And considering how much of a flop it was, they very well may do that in an effort to make the DVD look more enticing to the movie buying public. I may remove the prediction later on down the road, but I doubt "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" is going to prove much of a threat in this category.

No comments: