Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Dark Dialog


I know that there is a lot of talk about a Best Picture nomination for "The Dark Knight," the one thing that puzzles me is why there is no talk about a nomination for the screenplay as well. I mean, is it even possible to have one of the most complex and exciting action films of the summer...without the characters saying anything interesting? I find that hard to believe in a movie with several quotable lines and unpredictable twists. I think the issue is that people don't know where this could get nominated. Is this an original or adapted screenplay? Well, it's based off a series of comic books but the story itself is original. So hard to choose. Personally I think we should just pull a Two-Face and flip a coin. Heads...



...we put it in Original. Tails...



...we put it under Adapted.


And the category is...


...heads. So (for now) I'm going to put this prediction under the Best Original Screenplay category. Of course, depending on how things play out with other screenplays, this could always end up in the adapted category (and let's face it, it's chances of winning are better there).

No comments: