Monday, September 19, 2011

Best Picture Prediction Count

I've got more articles to write (one that Harry Potter fans might be upset with me once written), but for statistics sake, here's where my personal Oscar count would be fore my (current) five Best Picture nominees:

  • Drive: 8 nominations
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part II: 11 nominations
  • The Help: 4 nominations
  • Midnight In Paris: 3 nominations
  • The Tree of Life: 6 nominations
Again, these are just predictions, and just because I would nominate one film with more than double the nominations than other films, that does not make that film the best film of the year.  It only means I think there are more individual aspects of that film that are worth nominating that the others don't have ("Midnight In Paris" is one of the best films of the year DESPITE not being a very flashy film).

No comments: