Saturday, February 14, 2009

Tarantino's Latest

Quentin Tarantino has always been a puzzling film maker (if we were to be kind). He blasted onto the Oscar scene with his multi-nominated film "Pulp Fiction" and has since done little but indulge himself with pet projects and satire. He spends years apart between films, and when they are released they are usually a tough sell. His previous effort was the "Grindhouse" disaster that he collaborated on with fellow director Robert Rodrgieuz. When I heard he was making a WWII film I knew it was going to be unlike any WWII film we'd seen before. Well, now that we've got the trailer to that film...



...I'd have to say I was right. Right now I'm not sure whether this movie is supposed to be taken seriously or not. The preview both suggests a drama and comedy. The title though, curiously named "Inglorious Basterds," suggests a farce. After making "Burn After Reading" though I'm not sure if Brad Pitt would commit to a similar film so shortly afterwards. Who knows if this will be Oscar material, but one thing you can always count on with Tarentino is that you won't be bored with the final results.

No comments: