Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Voyage To Set Sail?


I was going to post my review of "Slumdog Millionaire," but I read something to today that pretty much soured my mood to write it. THR.com is reporting that Disney has opted not to make the third Narnia movie "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader." They state this is because of "budgetary and logical reasons," but that's only half the explanation. I know this is an expensive film to make, and I know that the last film didn't do as well, but they should have given it one more shot. For starters, I'm pretty sure they could have shaved the budget down to $140 if they filmed a majority of it without CGI (would not have been that difficult this time around). Then, if they released the movie during Christmas as opposed to Spring, they'd have gotten more families to see it. Thanks a lot Disney, this is THE BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!!! Oh well, here's hoping Fox or some other company picks up the franchise. I'd hate to see it die before we got to the seventh film in the series. I will say though, if someone else DOES pick up the rest of the movies, then maybe they'll treat the series with respect, something Disney did not (they picked it up basically because they missed the boat on Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings).

No comments: