Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Great Movie Music (That Outlived The Movie)

I am a bit of an audiophile, and I hate the digital revolution. I love buying albums, and with all the music going digital (or being sold of iTunes cards) I can't do that anymore. What makes me more mad though is that movie studios have, to be blunt, not been producing great music for their movies in the last several years. Sure you've still got good scores as well as the occasional good ending song that no one hears because they're trying to get out of the theater, but rarely do we have great songs that outlive the movies they appear in. If you need proof, just look up all the songs that won the Best Song Oscar in the last several years. Yeah, not a great lineup huh? Well, as a little bit of fun, let's look at some of the songs that have survived the test of time, and maybe even became more memorable then the movies themselves:

St. Elmo's Fire



Dirty Dancing


Love Story


Top Gun


Flashdance


Beaches


Mannequin


Philidelphia


007: Live and Let Die


Toy Story 2



Karate Kid Part II

There's more I'm missing for sure, but maybe we'll save those for next time.

No comments: