Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Battle Is On: Warner Bros. Wants Oscars For "The Dark Knight"


The fight is on people: Warner Bros. wants "The Dark Knight" in the race for Best Picture and they're not being shy about it. This is a campaign that will last longer then the Presidential elections folks so strap yourselves in for the ride. What Warner plans to do is re-release the film in select IMAX's this January (why not all of them?), just so that the movie "stays in the voters minds." I'm sure there will be lots of free passes given out to Academy members as well. The movie likely won't beat "Titanic's" since Warner is planning a December release for the DVD and BluRay (Note to Warner CEO: BIG FREAKING MISTAKE!!!), but the film sits commertably at number two. I'm glad Warner is taking this seriously. Right now I've the movie as a potential nominee is all but one categoty: Best Visual Effects.

And really, a nomination there doesn't seem like a stretch, seeing as how the effects used to create Two-Face's burnt face were so seemless you forgot that computers were involved. If I had my way, "The Dark Knight" would walk away with 13 nominations. I don't know if THAT'S going to happen, but I think a nomination in the top spot is pretty much a given at this point! Here's hoping the Academy doesn't disapoint. Oh, and here's a look at the BluRay box art for the movie.

No comments: