Friday, April 17, 2009

Harry Going Home With Oscars?



I know that, technically, Harry Potter has not been a big hit at the Oscars. It has never been nominated in any of the big categories. It has been nominated for three of the five films but has yet to win (not even for John Williams now classic score). It hasn't shown any promise of ever touching Best Picture. But is it naive to think that maybe -just MAYBE - "Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince" will get close to that top category?! I have no idea if the movie is Oscar worthy, but after watching the new trailer three times...man, I'm sold. I'm more excited about this movie then I ever was before. It just screams epic. As the series gets closer to the end the movies (despite the PG-rating for this one) will likely stop being kids films and be more for adults then anyone else. That's how the books worked and that's how the movies will likely work. I didn't think I'd say this, but keep an eye out on this one. With a lack of movies coming out this one could be a contender. Let me stress the "could be" part one more time.

No comments: