Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pray For Hudson


I can't even imagine how Jennifer Hudson is feeling these days. The newspapers and bloggers are all busy reporting that Hudson's mother, sister, and nephew have all been murdered, but one has to wonder how Hudson herself is doing. This is not like most celebrity tragedies. Oh don't get me wrong: A tragedy is a tragedy. But Hudson is almost a friend to most of us. We saw her on "American Idol." We got to know her and her family. We all know she didn't deserve her Oscar for "Dreamgirls," but we all smiled big grins when we saw her win anyway. Because, hey, that was our Jennifer up there, looking all pretty and happy as could be. I don't know her personally, but in a way it feels like I do, and therefore I'm much more saddened by this news then I would be for most other celebrities. She's in my prayers and hopefully she's in yours too.

No comments: