Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Ideal Oscar Nominations List



We're a few weeks away from the nominations for the Oscars, but I think that makes it a good time for me to round up what my ideal nominations list will look like.  Now keep in mind there are a few award favorite films out there that I haven't seen, but I've seen most of them, and this list is based on what I've seen.  Because it seems like a seven picture nomination year, that's how many films I'll list for Best Picture.

Best Picture

  • The Artist
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  • Hugo
  • Midnight in Paris
  • Moneyball
  • A Separation
  • The Tree of Life


Best Director

  • Michel Hazanavicius - "The Artist"
  • David Fincher - "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"
  • Martin Scorsese - "Hugo"
  • Woody Allen - "Midnight in Paris"
  • Terrence Malick - "The Tree of Life"


Best Actor

  • George Clooney - " The Descendants"
  • Jean Dujardin - "The Artist"
  • Michael Fassbender - "Shame"
  • Ryan Gosling - "Drive"
  • Brad Pitt - "Moneyball"


Best Actress

  • Viola Davis - "The Help"
  • Rooney Mara - "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"
  • Felicity Jones - "Like Crazy"
  • Elizabeth Olsen - "Martha, Marcy, May, Marlene"
  • Michelle Williams - "My Week with Marilyn"


Best Supporting Actor

  • Albert Brooks - "Drive"
  • George Clooney - "The Ides of March"
  • Jonah Hill - "Moneyball"
  • Nick Nolte - "Warrior"
  • Christopher Plummer - "Beginners"


Best Supporting Actress

  • Jessica Chastain - "The Help
  • Shaileen Woodley - "The Descendants"
  • Melissa McCarthy - "Bridesmaids"
  • Octavia Spencer - "The Help"
  • Carey Mulligan - "Shame"

Best Animated Film

  • The Adventures of Tintin
  • Arthur Christmas
  • Chico and Rita
  • Kung fu Panda 2
  • Rango

No comments: