We're a few weeks away from the nominations for the Oscars, but I think that makes it a good time for me to round up what my ideal nominations list will look like. Now keep in mind there are a few award favorite films out there that I haven't seen, but I've seen most of them, and this list is based on what I've seen. Because it seems like a seven picture nomination year, that's how many films I'll list for Best Picture.
- The Artist
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Midnight in Paris
- A Separation
- The Tree of Life
- Michel Hazanavicius - "The Artist"
- David Fincher - "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"
- Martin Scorsese - "Hugo"
- Woody Allen - "Midnight in Paris"
- Terrence Malick - "The Tree of Life"
- George Clooney - " The Descendants"
- Jean Dujardin - "The Artist"
- Michael Fassbender - "Shame"
- Ryan Gosling - "Drive"
- Brad Pitt - "Moneyball"
- Viola Davis - "The Help"
- Rooney Mara - "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"
- Felicity Jones - "Like Crazy"
- Elizabeth Olsen - "Martha, Marcy, May, Marlene"
- Michelle Williams - "My Week with Marilyn"
Best Supporting Actor
- Albert Brooks - "Drive"
- George Clooney - "The Ides of March"
- Jonah Hill - "Moneyball"
- Nick Nolte - "Warrior"
- Christopher Plummer - "Beginners"
Best Supporting Actress
- Jessica Chastain - "The Help
- Shaileen Woodley - "The Descendants"
- Melissa McCarthy - "Bridesmaids"
- Octavia Spencer - "The Help"
- Carey Mulligan - "Shame"
Best Animated Film
- The Adventures of Tintin
- Arthur Christmas
- Chico and Rita
- Kung fu Panda 2