Saturday, June 13, 2009

"Watchmen" Off The Predix (Mostly)


Well folks, we gave it a long shot, but I think it's time to admit that Zach Snyder's superhero epic "Watchmen" isn't going to go very far in the Oscar race, no matter how light the competition is. People just didn't pick up on it. Critics didn't like it. It did good but not great at the box office. Really, the only thing that can save it now are milestone BluRay sales, and I know THAT'S not going to happen! Now the thing is "Watchmen" was a great movie. The reason I think it never caught on was that people just didn't get what they were watching. Most everyone went to see an ultra-violent superhero movie and got something very different. I think it's fair to say that years down the road we'll be viewing "Watchmen" more highly then we are now, but for now I think it's time to close the book of it on the Oscar race. It was a good effort, but it's time to move on.

No comments: